The official program of ECCTD'97 is under development and will be presented here if available!
31 Aug, 10:00 - Pre-Conference tour.
Excursion to Szentendre. Szentendre is a small medieval town at 20 km from Budapest well known for its picturesque old streets, 18th century houses and churches (optional, cost: 50 USD/person).
31 Aug, 19:00 - Welcome Party
at the Venue of the Conference (included in the Registration fee).
1 Sept, 18:00 - Boat trip on the Danube.
During this tour you will view the main attractions of the Hungarian capital (included in the Registration Fee).
2 Sept, 20:00 - Banquet
(optional, cost: 50 USD/person).
4 Sept, Post Conference tours.
One day excursions, lunches included. The tours are subject of minimum 15 participants.
1. Kecskemét and the Hungarian Puszta, 9.00 a.m - 6.00 p. m. (USD 65) Reception in the Town Hall, sightseeing tour in the city, Horse-show at Lajosmizse, lunch with gipsy music at a typical Hungarian courtyard.
2. Lake Balaton, 8.00 a.m. - 7.00 p.m. (USD 65) The largest fresh water lake of Central Europe. Visit the most popular spots: Tihany peninsula ( the wonderful abbey, the carefully preserved natural treasures, the Iron Age earthworks), Keszthely (the ,capital, and biggest port of the lake, the Festetics mansion) and Heviz (well known for its thermal water ). Wine tasting in a typical Hungarian wine-cellar.
3. Danube Band, 9.00 a.m. - 5p.m. (USD 55) The most scenic part of Hungary: Szentendre (included in the pre conference tour), Visegrad (top of the hill ruins of the 13th century Citadel, Royal Palace ), Esztergom ( palace of birth and coronation of our first king St Stephen).
4. Eger, 9.00a.m. - 5p.m. (USD 55) One of the oldest towns with rich historical past and many monuments. The fortress, constuction of which began in the 13th century, played a great role in the fight against the Turks in the 16th century. The local red wine called Bull's Blood is sold all over the world.
NOTE: the tours are subject of minimum 15 participants.
2 Sept, 10:00 - Budapest Museums.
Visit to the National Museum
- Coronation Regalia and the Hungarian National Gallery, light lunch.
Price: 35 USD
3 Sept, 10:00 - Cooking Course.
The Chief from the Gundel Restaurant will demonstrate how to prepare
Hungarian dishes. Attendants will receive a certificate stating that they
have passed the cooking course exam. Lunch will be prepared by the participants
Price: 45 USD
The electronic services of ECCTD'97 are provided by BME-MMT.
If you have any problem, please send an E-MAIL for the WWW administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org).